Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Book Release! Dare to Run: Marathon Training While Navigating Life With a Toddler and Managing Chronic Pain

 

When I started training for my first marathon, I looked for books to read about other women's experiences of beginning running at an older age while trying to raise a family. What I found were a lot of books about elite runners and some books about men's journey into running. But I found few books about the average woman trying to fit running into everyday life. 

I decided then that I would write about my own experience training for my first marathon at age 45 while dealing with the everyday ups and downs of life and Dare to Run was the result. 



Here is the backpage blurb:


The last time Catherine had gone for a run was in grade school more than twenty-five years ago. She was forty when she began running again to do something active with her wife. It wasn’t easy, especially when she was dealing with chronic pain. But with slow, steady training, she worked her way up to five- then ten-kilometre distances. After the couple adopted a baby girl, Catherine purchased a running stroller so she could continue running with their daughter.

In Dare to Run, Catherine takes her readers on a journey of raising a child who was born six weeks premature with neonatal abstinence syndrome while renovating the family home, dealing with chronic pain, and training for her first half marathon and then first full marathon. Throughout, she describes the training ups and downs on the streets and trails of Toronto and her experiences racing while facing the random adventures life can bring.

The journey includes some trials, and plenty of tantrums, but mostly fun as mother and child discover new things together. 

If you wish to read my book, please click on one of the following links:

Dare to Run Kindle Link

Dare to Run Kobo Link


If you enjoyed reading Dare to Run, please consider leaving a review. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Release! Dare to Run: Marathon Training While Navigating Life With a Toddler and Managing Chronic Pain

  When I started training for my first marathon, I looked for books to read about other women's experiences of beginning running at an o...